Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Haven't played with Barbies for years, Layla...

Quick response to your Ken and Barbie post.

The "shiny" preachers make me nervous too, honestly. And Joel Osteen is kinda getting a bad rep in the more conservative community, he's preaching too much prosperity gospel and not enough Jesus. Haven't read anything he's written/listened to him, so can't say and won't be unfair... but he's not on my list to check out either. I never did watch Jim or Tammy. :p ALL salesmen are shiny... I don't want to listen to a salesman either.

That said, I can remember back when one of my fav preachers was first preaching and his haircut was so bad I would sit there and wonder if it was a toupee... it distracted from the message, I'm glad he got it fixed.

People DO pay more attention to pretty people - that's well established sociological science. I don't think it has a bit to do with Christianity. But... this has made me think about your earlier, more serious post... and I'll come back to it in my reply to that.

No comments: