Saturday, November 3, 2007

Coverings, experiment day

Friday I tried covering my hair. Put the handkerchief on as soon as I got dressed and left it there until I got halfway to picking up my son, when it blew off for the third time.

When I first pinned it on, I felt "something". Like a covering feeling, a little extra connection? Psychological? Very possibly. But there. And when I was gonna do wrong, I felt a lot of extra pressure not to. Otherwise, not much difference. And, as I said, since I live in SoCal and I've seen everyone on my street from a Buddhist priest to a Imam (in robes and all)... I don't think I got any odd looks. Or no odder than usual anyway... nothing like walking by the parole office.

But that's my report. I think I'll go back to covering while worshipping and sometimes just when I'm hanging at home. I like that extra feeling of connection - and I don't guess it matters how I get it.

Thoughts?