Sunday, February 22, 2009

Addendum

Just answer a few questions that I found - and apologizing for my tone. Politics pushes buttons, which is why I prefer not to discuss it.

You'll have to give me examples of Obama being worshipped. I don't know of anything I've heard or read that indicates anything more than plays-well-with-others.
I don't know if it's still on there, but there was a video - on MSN - of numerous celebrities pledging themselves "in service to Barack Obama". By name. Americans don't pledge themselves to serve a particular person, nor do Christians. One might well pledge themselves to the service of the country at large, but an individual? It was VERY creepy. It was clearly meant to inspire "normals" to the community service that Obama pushed during his campaign, but ... um... word choice says a great deal, you know? Perhaps Canada hasn't seen or heard the cult of Obama - it diminished after the inaugeration. What interested me about this (after the first shivers of fear subsided) was not Obama in particular, but how desperate those without God are for someone to worship, someone to fix things for them. They are willing to pledge themselves, no strings attached, in public... because someone says what they want to hear. (Obama hasn't had time to prove himself one way or another). I strongly believe that the real AC will use this.

It's the reasoning or lack of it that scares me silly. See above. One of the tools that the devil is using is a total lack of education about the Bible... and about everything else. I share your fear of the lack of reasoning.

Big Brother is watching your every move and the church is applauding because you ought not to mind Big Brother watching you if you don't have anything to hide. Since there will be a faux church that morphs into the church of the AC, and which is the primary persecutor of Christians and Jews in the Tribulation, you'll have no argument from me here. I could make you a very fine list of the ways in which our liberties have already been curtailed, and another list of the conspiracy theories of how our liberties will soon be. That is on my "the end is near" list!

To answer the question baldly and then to go on... the reason that *I* did not want Obama as my president (seems like a fine guy, I don't dislike *him*) is because I don't like his friends and I don't like his voting record on certain issues close to my heart. That's it.

Hope this was helpful. And if you want me to talk to you about why I think the end is getting closer, I'm happy to do that.

No comments: